It’s that time of year when everyone makes their New Years resolutions in hopes of becoming a better person in the new year. I like to make goals rather than resolutions. To me, a resolution has a negative connotation and means something you want to change about yourself. While I have plenty of things I want to change I would rather use goals as a way to bring about positive changes instead of resolutions.
My goals for 2011 include:
- Read the Bible
- Run a 5K race
- Read at least 6 books during the year
- Volunteer/get involved
- Try at least 4 new recipes per month – it can be for any meal or a snack, just needs to be new
- Read the photography book I have and learn more about my camera’s capabilities
- Experiment with new workouts by trying at least one new workout per month
- Spend more time disconnected from the computer/cell phone
- Try at least one new food per month
- Post at least one guest post on another blog
- Get a promotion at work
I am anxious to kick off the new year and start working on some of these goals. What are your goals for 2011?