I’m so glad it’s Friday!! I want to wish my Mom a very Happy Birthday!!!
I enjoyed a great day home with my girls. We had a relaxing morning that included getting all bundled up and playing in the snow.
Lunch this afternoon was an experiment so I don’t have exact measurements for the ingredients but I will still share the recipe with you!
Chicken Salsa Casserole
- 1/3 of a box of tricolor rotini pasta
- 2 leftover chicken tenders (or 1 small chicken breast)
- 1/2 jar salsa (I ended up mixing 2 different salsas together)
- shredded cheese
- Cook the pasta as instructed on the box
- While the pasta is cooking, lightly grease a casserole dish and chop chicken
- Once pasta is cooked, mix pasta, chicken, salsa and a handful of cheese together
- Pour into casserole dish and sprinkle with another handful of cheese
- Bake in a 350*oven for 25 minutes
This casserole only made about 3 servings. I ate 2 for lunch and had the last serving for dinner. It was delicious!! The only thing that would have made this better would have been a dollop of nonfat Greek yogurt on top but unfortunately I was out of yogurt.
Other eats for today:
- Breakfast – PB&J oatmeal
- AM Snack – Larabar & coffee
- Lunch – Salsa Chicken Casserole x2
- Dinner – Salsa Chicken Casserole
We have a busy day tomorrow! Time to enjoy a glass of wine and watch a movie with the hubby!