As the month of January comes to a close, it’s time for me to switch up my workouts once again. I haven’t been doing a good job of including my workouts in my blog…that’s going to change this month. Look for more posts about my workouts and new exercises I have tried.
With the help of my personal trainer, the husband, I developed my workout schedule for January:
- Monday – Treadmill cardio session & Abs
- Tuesday – Shoulders and Triceps strength training
- Wednesday – Legs strength training & Abs
- Thursday – Off (it’s Kinderdance night)
- Friday – Elliptical cardio session & Abs
- Saturday – Chest strength training & Treadmill cardio
- Sunday – Back and Biceps strength training and elliptical cardio
I switched my off day from Monday to Thursday because of Kinderdance. It’s not possible for me to get a workout in on Thursday and I didn’t really want to have 2 days. Some of the cardio sessions will be HIIT and others will be longer endurance sessions.
Yesterday, I got right back into the strength training with a great chest workout!!
- Bench Press w/ Barbell – 4 sets
- Superset #1:
- Incline Bench Press w/ Dumbbells – 4 sets
- Incline Chest Flyes – 4 sets
- Superset #2:
- Resistance Bank Crossover Flyes – 4 sets
- Push-ups (on my knees) – 4 sets
The final part of my workout consisted of 20 minutes of intervals on the treadmill with no incline:
- 2 min. @ 3.0
- 3 min. @ 5.0
- 1 min. @ 7.0
- 2 min. @ 5.0
- Repeat the 1 min./2 min. 4 times
- 3 min @ 5.0
A good workout always makes my day so much better!!