Tonight’s dinner was inspired by Liz’s recipe for Monterey Chicken. I knew we had an open package of bacon in the fridge that was getting near the end of it’s life so using it with dinner was definitely necessary! I didn’t follow Liz’s recipe exactly, I just used it as an inspiration.
I topped two chicken breasts with 2 slices of bacon each and some cheese. I ate almost every bite of this dinner! I usually have a tough time finishing an entire piece of chicken but not tonight! Everything is definitely better with bacon!!
- Breakfast – protein overnight oats with raspberries, coffee
- AM Snack – Chobani (only ate half) and half a pear
- Lunch – veggie burger on a sandwich thin, veggies & hummus (love the garden veggie hummus)
- PM Snack – handful of almonds and the other half of a pear
- Dinner – chicken with bacon and cheese, roasted sweet potatoes and roasted butternut squash
- Shoulders & Triceps strength training
Question: If you like hummus, what’s your favorite flavor?