I’ve been on the hunt for a small shaker to use for my protein shakes. We have a few large shakers but they are so large that it’s awkward for me to use them because my small hands can barely hold it enough to shake it. I finally found one that I liked on BodyBuilding.com.
It was exactly the size I wanted – 12 oz. – and it was on sale for $1.49!!! Only $1.49!! So of course I ordered two – one for home and one for work. I also ended up ordering some vitamins (finally – I’ve been stealing Princess vitamins for a few weeks now) and some calcium chews since I’m almost out of current calcium supplement.
When I completed the order and got my shipping e-mail from BodyBuilding.com I was surprised to see that all of the items in my order were being shipped from PA. Being curious, I searched the BodyBuilding.com website to find the location of their PA warehouse.
I was shocked to learn that BodyBuilding.com had a distribution warehouse in Shiremanstown, PA – 9.2 miles from my house (per Google Maps). In other words – I just paid $6.95 to have a package shipped from a warehouse 9.2 miles from my house!! Really??!! I could have driven to the warehouse and back in 20 minutes! Why did it take 2 days for my package to arrive via UPS??
This isn’t the first time this has happened either! Amazon.com has a few warehouses in Central PA, one of which I can see from my backyard and could walk to if need be. One time I ordered something from Amazon (I don’t remember what it was) but wouldn’t you know…it was shipped from the warehouse in my backyard!! Fortunately, when it comes to Amazon purchases I typically make sure to take advantage of the free Super Saving Shipping so I doubt I actually paid for shipping.
Do you ever wish that sometimes you could save time and money if a company would just let you pick your package up from a local warehouse?? Has this ever happened to anyone else?
- Breakfast – protein overnight oats w/ frozen blueberries, coffee
- AM Snack – protein shaker (in my new shaker) and half an apple
- Lunch – awesome salad w/ spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, sliced almonds, dried cranberries, feta cheese, tuna and balsamic vinaigrette dressing, Larabar
- PM Snack – Valentine’s Day treat brought in my a coworker -aren’t they cute? – they are peanut butter sandwich crackers dipped in chocolate – delicious!
- Dinner – pre-workout was a piece of bread with peanut butter – post workout was another protein shake (I can’t believe I had 3 scoops of protein today – eek!)
- Legs strength training
Getting ready to cheer on the UNC Tarheels – Go Heel Go!!!